Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Summer Events Part 2

I've been having issues uploading pics directly from my phone to the computer. I finally got around to asking Pete where I would find the sd card reader. And like that, all the summer pics I've taken are finally uploaded!! So here is what we have been up to this summer since my last Summer Events post.

Blueberry Picking: We visited our favorite blueberry farm out in Snohomish for our traditional summer blueberry picking. I LOVE doing this. I could stay all day. My boys, not so much. As typical, after about 20 minutes they were asking if we could leave. We did pretty good, though. We brought home about 10 cups worth of fresh blueberries. We'll be able to enjoy some homemade blueberry muffins come this winter. And Clifford found a cool snail on one of the blueberry bushes.





Dinner in the Park: One evening while Pete was helping our friends Mel and James move the last of their stuff out of their old place, the boys and I walked with our neighbor Sara and her kids (and a few extra kiddos) to Martha Lake, which is conveniently down the road from us. Sara and I thought it was hilarious seeing this caravan of kids on their bikes and scooters in a straight line. We took a side trip to Little Caesars and bought a couple of pizzas for dinner. Once at the lake, we ate our dinner while Sara gave the kids each a turn at fishing off the docks. Sadly, no one caught anything. Once done eating, we spent the rest of our time there letting kids play on the playground and swimming in the lake. Clifford had a blast jumping off the dock with his friends.









Float the Lake: One hot day in the middle of the week we decided to join our neighbor Sara 'n her kids for a float on Martha Lake. At one point Clifford was on a floaty by himself. I was impressed at his rowing skills. And both Pete and I were surprised when Kristjan, who is usually more timid about doing things, decided to jump off his floaty to swim in the lake. It was a good day.


Go-Carting: Clifford and Kristjan loved having a turn on the neighbor's new go-cart.

Hair Cuts: I took the boys in for their back-to-school hair cuts. Pete usually gives them their cuts, but I found out JCPenny offers free kids cuts the entire month of August. Good thing they were free because later that night after their shower I could see what a horrible job the woman did on their bangs. Oh well. It'll grow...


Scrapes and Bruises: The combination of summer vacation and having 2 active boys isn't complete for until they each receive numerous cuts, scrapes and bruises. Kristjan banged up his knee a few times after falling off his bike. The pic below is road rash....on Clifford's butt!! Pete and I can't figure out how it happened. All we know is he was standing on the back of a neighbor's bike when he somehow got this. He acted tough, no tears.

Movies with Friends: We only hit up the Regal Summer $1 Movies once this summer. I don't even remember what we saw. But we took along their friends Sam and Aliya.

More Swimming: Our weather here in Seattle has been awesome this summer! So of course we spent more time at the pool.









No comments:

Post a Comment