Saturday, September 26, 2009

Kristjan's First Day At Preschool


It took forever but it came-Kristjan's First Day of Preschool!!! He was so excited. When the doors open for him to go in, Kristjan didn't say "bye" or hug me or even look at me!!! He was just focused on getting in and having a good time away from mommy and his big brother. Kristjan has the same teacher as Clifford does. Because of his allergy, even though the classes are nut free, Kristjan has to take a snack with him each day he goes as a "backup". Each child has their own snack day. So on the days when other kids bring snacks, Kristjan may not be able to eat the snack they brought (the teacher requested I make a "safe" food list-snacks we know that are safe for Kristjan to eat). I also asked if it would be ok (which they thought was a great idea) on the "birthday" snack day of the other kids that I bring a cupcake that I make for Kristjan to have (that way he's not left out). Almost all the store-bought cupcakes are not safe for Kristjan to eat (maybe fred meyers ones are ok, but who knows where parents shop). Anyhow, it's good knowing Kristjan can go to school and still participate in all the fun. And Kristjan is always excited to show off his art projects he makes. I'm looking forward on creating his keepsake scrapbook of all his artwork.




No comments:

Post a Comment